Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
Welcome to the SCS Abstract and Proposal Submission Site
The SCS Submission Site is now open.
Please ensure that you have all required information available before beginning a submission.
To access this site, you must be a member of the Society for 2023, and know and have access to the primary email address (profile address) associated with your member account. To check your membership status and email account on file, go to your profile at https://scs.press.jhu.edu/membership/log-in.
If you are having difficulties accessing this site and a deadline is approaching, you can email email@example.com. Staff will be monitoring this email address closely.
If you need to join, renew, or change your email address, please allow 48 hours before trying to access the program submission site.
In order to make a submission, you need to know your member number. You can retrieve your own member number by going to My Account at https://classicalstudies.org,
Suggestions and guidelines from the Program Committee:
For any submission that includes abstracts, please read the Program Committee’s guidelines for their authors. You may also be interested in these suggestions for authors of abstracts from the Program Committee and these tips for preparing texts for digital publication.
Additionally, here are some resources regarding eligibility, and types of sessions and materials required for proposals for the SCS Annual Meeting:
- Guidelines for eligibility to make submissions to the SCS Program Committee
- Description of the materials required for each kind of proposal, report, or individual abstract
All abstracts, proposals, and reports must be entered or pasted into a text box on the submission site. All text pasted from Microsoft Word will be filtered. Some reformatting may be required and is the responsibility of the submitter, not the SCS office. Please check your work carefully before you submit it for review.
The deadlines for submitting proposals for the 2024 Annual Meeting are:
Monday, April 24th, 2023 at 11.59pm EDT:
- Panel, Committee Panel, Workshop, Seminar, and Roundtable Proposals.
- Affiliated Group Panel Reports (All affiliated groups wanting to submit a panel should select this category).
- Already approved Organizer-Refereed Reports
- New charter applications for affiliated groups, and charter renewals for existing affiliated groups
- New organizer-refereed panel proposals for the 2025 meeting
Monday, May 1st, 2023 at 11.59pm EDT:
Individual abstracts and Lightning talks